1 May 2010

HONOUR YOUR CITY/ CitID






















I am really pleased to be able to share with you more about my previous post that depicted a small section of the above piece. The small section was of a painting that is the outcome of a commission from CitID.

CitID is an ambitious project aiming to gain global consciousness by giving a (type)face to every city worldwide; big or small, rich or poor, famous or infamous, well-known or unheard of.

I was asked by CitID as a resident of the Neath area to contribute to a project titled 'Honour Your City'. The brief was to capture the vibe of where I lived and produce a logo/artwork depicting why view on my area.

After brainstorming, sketching and researching my ideas of what I was going to illustrate for the project, I felt that the historical aspects of Neath would be the way to depict the town. Having spent a wonderful sunny afternoon walking around and photographing Neath Abbey Ruins I knew what the piece had to consist of.

The website is now live showing the numerous logo/artworks of everyone who was asked to contribute. However, submissions for this project are now open to the public. Click on the link below to visit the website and take part.

.....................................................................................................................................
Links

No comments: