16 March 2010

'FUGITIVE TESTIMONY' STILL RESTLESS: PHOTOGRAPHY, EVIDENCE, TIME





















Last night I was invited to the private view of an exhibition that featured one of my old friend's work in the Mission Gallery, Swansea. I was really impressed with the exhibition and not to be biased the work of my friend Ryan Moule whose work seemed to really capture the essence of the exhibition's theme.

One of Ryan's photographs can be seen above, his work explores the portrayal of loss and incorporates a personal touch from his subjects. This is amplified through a process of the photograph slowly reverting to black, this is achieved through the use of video projected photographs of each particular subject. The work is well executed and the concept I think you will agree is very interesting.

The exhibition will be in the Mission Gallery for ten days, I recommend you go try to attend although if unable to make it Ryan has a few upcoming exhibitions that can be seen on his website.

.....................................................................................................................................
Links

No comments: