13 April 2010

SELF PORTRAIT_02



















I am very pleased to finally be able to share the above with you, Self Portrait 02, for some time now I have been working on this portrait. I find the idea of capturing an image of yourself quite interesting as the result seems to show both the artist and the viewer something personal in terms of the approach taken to such a subject.

I must admit this piece took much longer than expected, despite only being created on A3 I hadn't produced an illustration to the complete size of the paper for a while. Also as I was creating the piece I had a couple of doubts and altered a few elements which does leave me with mixed feelings about the image in general.

Although as I mentioned earlier I do find this subject interesting, and may plan to do another in a couple of months to see what the outcome may be. But for now if you have a couple of minutes and like the work have a look at the macro shots and the short animation I have put together to show you a more personal exploration of mine into form and tone.

.....................................................................................................................................
Links


No comments: