29 July 2010

PEARL WEDDING ANNIVERSARY




















The other day marked a momentous occasion as my parents celebrated their Pearl Wedding Anniversary (30 years) knowing that this was an event where simply a bunch of flowers would not be an acceptable gift my brother and myself exchanged some ideas over some morning coffee. He suggested the idea of drawing the wedding photo taken 30 years ago, this I felt was a great concept and so I began sketching the image. I felt that something else was needed In addition to the portrait so I created a simple typographic illustration to commemorate the date further.

Even though I am happy with the outcome of this image I much prefer adding something else into the portrait to make it more interesting. Although on this occasion legibility was absolutely key to the gift.

.....................................................................................................................................Links

No comments: