29 March 2011

BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS


















The title of this blog post I feel is the most accurate to describe this piece. Pictured above is not only my first painted portrait titled, 'Reflection' but my entry for the National Portrait Gallery BP Portrait Award 2011.

I can honestly say that this painting really pushed my abilities, there was even a point where I thought that this would be something that I would have to put on the back burner while I practiced using acrylics. I persevered and luckily got the result that I was hoping for, the piece even made a trip to Wales with me in order to put the time in to get it ready for the designated hand-in day.

I now await the judges decision as to whether my attempt will make it into the exhibition, I assure you I'll be keeping everything crossed.

Links
.....................................................................................................................................

No comments: