1 November 2010

MUSIC TO ACCOMPANY




















I thought that I would share with you an important part of my work process... Music.

Unlike many people I've never been one for playlists as I find that I'm not always in the same mood as I may have been previously leaving the time spent creating a playlist waisted.

I tend to listen to an album over and over while drawing a piece as this helps me concentrate and lose myself in what I'm doing. This especially works when I come across a new album to listen to, however my favourite aspect about applying music in this way is that this each piece of my work has somewhat of a musical reference or tag attached.

For example whenever I hear Black Stone Cherry's self titled album my piece 'Brother' will instantly come to mind as that was all I listened to when drawing it. My latest piece 'Laughter' has a different album attached to it, I seemed to have a taste for something heavier and found myself listening to The Black Dahlia Murder's 2007 album 'Nocturnal'.

As I operate in this way I may compile a list on Spotify of the album's that have accompanied my recent work after producing a few more pieces.

I have however included the links to the album's I have mentioned below.

Links
.....................................................................................................................................


No comments: